Robert S. Michaels has been practicing matrimonial and family law for over thirty-five years. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, a member of the Family Law Section of the New York State Bar Association, and a former member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the New York County Lawyers Association, where he served on the Judicial Screening Committee. He has been granted AV-rating and Preeminent status by Martindale-Hubbell for practicing at the highest level of legal ability and professional ethics, and has been consistently named to Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, and Top Attorneys in the New York Metro Area. He has lectured on family law subjects for the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, the New York County Lawyers Association, and the New York State Bar Association.
Robert is a skilled negotiator and trial attorney with years of experience resolving family and matrimonial matters in the areas of child custody, child and spousal support and equitable distribution at the trial and Appellate level. He has tried numerous custody and equitable distribution matters and successfully prepared and argued appeals in the First and Second Department. Before concentrating primarily on the practice of matrimonial and family law, Robert negotiated and resolved hundreds of non-matrimonial cases, including commercial, product liability, personal injury, and professional malpractice matters. He has tried many jury and non-jury cases in the State and Federal Courts.
- 1982, New York
- 1982, U.S. District Courts, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, J.D., 1979
- New York State University at Stony Brook, B.A., 1976
- New York State Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- New York County Lawyers Association (Former Member, Judicial Screening Committee and Matrimonial Committee)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association